- Crossway is offering a free ebook copy of The Final Days of Jesus by Andreas Köstenberger and Justin Taylor. Additionally, they offer a free study guide for the book. You may find this good devotional reading leading up to Easter as we reflect in a focused way on the death and resurrection of Christ.
- The Gospel Coalition has a daily devotional from D. A. Carson's For the Love of God. It includes readings from 4 biblical books and a reflection written by Carson.
- The Good Book Company offers a great devotional called Explore that works through books of the Bible verse by verse. You can get it as an app and download the biblical books you want a very little expense. There are also devotionals from the Good Book Company for teenagers, 11-13 year-olds, 7-10 year-olds, and preschoolers.
- John Piper's "Look at the Book" Bible study labs are a great place to both learn Scripture and learn how to study Scripture from a masterful teacher and lifelong student of God's Word. They make great daily devotionals. They're all free on the Desiring God website. Consider starting with these:
- Do Not Be Anxious (Matthew 6:24–34)
- Rejoice in the Lord Always (Philippians 4)
- It is Well with My Soul: Five Ways Suffering is a Gift
- Westminster Books has put together a free PDF of some of their favorite chapters that help us slow down and understand ourselves and our God in the midst of scary and uncertain times. It inculdes readings from Ed Welch's , Paul Tauteges' Anxiety: Knowing God's Peace, Sara Wallace's Created to Care: God's Truth for Anxious Mom's, David Powlison's God's Grace in Your Suffering, and more.
- Ligonier’s entire library of video teaching series is free to stream through at least June 30. This is a really generous offer as Ligonier’s series are top notch and have never been free like this! You can also download a PDF study guide for each study for free. Here are some suggestions to start you off:
- The Lord's Prayer (Al Mohler)
- The Book of Job (Derek Thomas)
- Contentment (Melissa Kruger)
- Learning to Love the Psalms (W. Robert Godfrey)
- Romans 8 (Derek Thomas)
- The Attributes of God (Steve Lawson)
- The Gospel Coalition offers free courses on a variety of topics, many of which have audio and video components. If you're looking for a way to supplement your discipleship in the absence of gathering for Bible studies and small groups, this is a good place to start. Here’s a few recommended to start:
- God's Big Picture: Tracing the Storyline of the Bible
- What is the Gospel?
- Seven Arrows: The Basics of Bible Study
- Parenting: Equipping for Life
- Zondervan has streaming service called MasterLectures, which for a limited time is offering a two-week free trial and 50% off the first three months using the promo code TIMCHALLIES. For $30, you'll get about 100 days of streaming some really top notch biblical, theological, and ministry studies, and of course you can cancel at any time. Invest $30 and binge watch this instead of Netflix! A few recommended MasterLectures:
- Faith Alone: The Doctrine of Justification (by Thomas Schreiner)
- Evangelism in a Skeptical World (by Sam Chan)
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions (by Greg Koukl)
- The Story of Reality (by Greg Koukl)
- Grasping God's Word: How to Study the Bible (by J. Scott Duvall & J. Daniel Hays)
- And at the risk of appearing self-serving, might I also suggest looking at some of our recent Guided Bible Studies?
- Mining God’s Word: How to Study the Bible
- Micah: Judgment and Salvation
- Colossians: Christ is All
Any of these resources can be used individually, but we’d encourage you to consider asking a few friends to work through some of these resources alongside you (virtually, of course).
The Gospel Coalition has several helpful articles about the coronoavirus and Christians that are worth reading:
- “The FAQs: Coronavirus Explained by an Infectious Disease Expert and Pastor” by Miguel Nunez
- “8 Things the Coronavirus Should Teach Us” by Mark Oden
- “How to Talk to Children about the Coronavirus” by Cameron Cole
- “All things from His Fatherly Hand” by Kevin DeYoung
- Further coronavirus resources from the Gospel Coalition
9Marks has a few helpful podcasts on the coronavirus: