Custodial Assistant (Part-time)
Purpose of the Job
To serve the church body through cleaning and caring for the church facilities throughout the week. This is a part-time position estimated at fifteen hours per week to be performed weekly on several evenings and Sundays.
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Has demonstrated a strong work ethic and a positive and helpful attitude
- Possesses a commitment to maintaining a standard of excellence within the facility
- Displays a servant’s heart in all areas of work
- Is able to do some heavy lifting
The Custodial Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations and takes instruction from the Ministry Assistants.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Will include, but not limited to:
- Vacuuming classrooms and offices
- Emptying all trash and recycling receptacles
- Preparing the church for Sunday morning worship
- All lights on
- Turn on monitors
- Unlock certain closets
- Reset rooms after use and for upcoming use
- Restocking all paper products and refilling soap dispensers in bathrooms as needed
- Maintaining a high standard of neatness around the entire facility
- Occasionally performing other duties as requested including buses cleaning and fueling, VBS cleanup and special projects on the facilities
- Communicating clearly with the other custodian on areas of common responsibility and oversight
- Identifying maintenance or mechanical problems or issues around the building and advising a ministry assistant or Director of Operations
To apply for this position, please email Tracy with your interest to email@example.com. You may also call the church office at 215-321-3326.