Any and all staff and volunteers must be KidsSafe certified before working with children or youth. Generally, our volunteers have been regularly attending Riverstone for six months before volunteering to serve in Children’s Ministry.
- Complete the KidsSafe Volunteer Application.
- Read the KidsSafe Handbook and bring it with you when you attend a KidsSafe training session.
- Return the applications with the folder to Janet Miller or bring them to the Children’s Ministry office temporarily located in Portable 204.
- If you have any questions or concerns about KidsSafe, please contact .
The following links are for those in the process of getting KidsSafe. Please be sure to follow directions carefully. Contact if you have any questions.
- Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) Criminal History Clearance
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services
- FBI Clearance
When you receive reports and/or certificates back from any of the above, be sure to keep a copy for yourself. The office will be unable to make copies.
In addition, the following locations are equipped to fingerprint you for your FBI clearance. You must register on-line first.
If you are a volunteer and have been a resident of PA for over 10 consecutive years, you may sign the statement below in place of the FBI fingerprint clearance.